The Foundation Accelerator invites foundations and families to a 10-week training for program officers and others to learn how to blend investments with grants, using existing capital to catalyze more impact.
LanguageNonprofits and for-profits are too often divided by a common language.
We’ll fix that.
KnowledgeDebt, equity, revenue-share, recoverable grants and all the terms and conditions of investments.
Hands-OnWe’ll collectively make investments, to give you hands-on, real experience being an impact investor.
In short, this is Impact Investing 101 and 201 for Foundations, teaching everything from the common terminology used by for-profit investment funds through: debt, equity, revenue-based structures and recoverable grants, the due diligence process, portfolio management, the realities from the company side of the table, and more.
Participants will learn a wide variety of topics related to investing, including:
- Impact Investing vs. Philanthropy
- The Realities of Startups
- Blended, Catalytic, Impact Capital
- Philanthropists and Investors: Divided by a Common Language
- Integrated, Full-Spectrum, Blended Investing
- Debt, Equity, and Recoverable Grants
- Revenue-based Investing
- Dissecting a Pitch Deck
- Managing a Portfolio of Investments
- Transactions vs. Relationships
Four Free Workshops
Slides and Video Recordings
Philanthropy & Impact Investing
The Realities of Startups
Pandemic ==> Hunger Crisis
Time, Terms, Conditions, and Questions
Contact us for terms and conditions, and to answer your questions.