The Impact Abroad Toolkit, this course introduces the overarching theme that we serve smarter when we move from a charity approach to service to a partnership approach to service.
Learners completing this online course will be able to:
- Distinguish between good intentions and the results of their actions
- Summarize the core assumptions undergirding the charity and partnership approaches to service
- Apply the charity and partnership frameworks to their own experiences of service
- Critique the shortcomings of the charity approach using examples from international development
- Identify principles of practicing ethical and effective service
- Articulate their personal vision for how they seek to serve